my pineapple under the sea

the sun, the moon and the stars look fuzzy from down here..

Monday, December 15, 2008

happy birthday daddy :)

Today (in the Philippines) is my Dad's birthday. It would've been his 51st. I miss my Dad. I feel like I did not make enough memories with him to last me through my lifetime. I regret not doing a lot of things with my Dad while I was still back home. The truth is that I am very disappointed that I do not remember a lot about my Dad. I don't know why but I can not seem to remember events unless someone tells me about them. That's why when my sister came to visit me here, all I wanted her to do was tell stories of my Dad to me. I wanted her to tell me all about his last days, all about while I was gone and all about him and his everyday things. I remember all the good stuff about him. I remember him taking me to school every day of my pre-school, elementary and high school life. I remember he taught me how to be tough, and I learned how to be "barumbado" because I knew that he would back me up whenever. He accepted every part of me and he taught me how to fend for myself. I loved him in silence. I never told him how much I loved him until I was far away from him. And then I appreciated everything he did for me and our family.

When he died, I did not even expect it. I was blown out of my mind. I felt lost and depressed and sick to my gut. All I could think about was I did not even tell him that I love him so much. It was too late. As much as my family assured me that my Dad knew, I did not. My whole life that is my only regret. Not saying to my Dad how much I love him. And now, I cant say it enough.

I love you Daddy. I will love you till the end of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger ChinaDoll said...

Sis don't feel bad..Tito knows how much you love him...i'm also sure that Tito wouldn't want his loving daughter to feel all this regret. Just keep it in mind that he is happy up in Heaven knowing that you love him much. I'm also sure that he's very proud of you and glad to have a dauther like you.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called goofy. Make your own badge here.